Ternski
The next and the final destination on our list is Enchanted Cave. Enchanted Cave is located right after the big arch that welcomes and thanks all guests to and from Barangay Patar in Bolinao, Pangasinan. This means that it is about a 10-15 minute drive away from Patar White beach and we had to pass the lighthouse again and the resort to reach Enchanted Cave.

Once you see the signboard towards Enchanted Cave, you will be driving through a non-cemented route. Despite that, the views of the trees are amazing, it gives you a nice shade as you drive towards the entry gate.


When we entered the place, we were greeted by the owner. I am not exactly sure if there is an entrance fee into this resort because our tour might have already included the entrance fees, which by the way was P200/head. We loved the place because it was full of plants and flowers. You have this feeling that the owner loves gardening. When we walk further, we saw like an arch of plants and flowers with the sign 'Enchanted Cave' on it. I said to myself "hmm.. so is this the Enchanted Cave? well... it is enchanting... but it is not a cave -.-".


Ivan: Being a volunteer here in Indonesia sure is tiring

We entered through that arch and saw some cottages on top of the pathway. Maybe these are for groups who wants to stay for the day and have some barbecue, which I think is a great concept especially when you want to attract large groups like families.

We walked straight until we have reached the entry to the cave. To enter the cave, we had to go down through this stairway, which had big gaps between them. If you really are not careful, you might easily get a sprain or worse, fall straight down the cave. It is very dark inside but there were lights installed inside. This is the first time that I have ever been into a cave and I must say, it is quite dark inside. It is not exactly the type of cave where you can find magestic stalactites and see figures and make shapes out of the rock formations. So, it is not that enchanting but it is still a cave though. XD

Since I was not exactly that impressed and there was a large group who already were invading the place, I left the swimming parts to Abe, Joby and Amber. It was sort of like a nature-made swimming pool inside a cave. According to Joby, the water is fresh and cold, it will take away the salty feeling that you get after swimming on the beach. True enough, because that was what was stated in their ad outside. There were ropes placed on the sides to guide the people from swimming. From where I was sitting, it was quite deep in the middle and quite rocky, so I don't exactly recommend jumping towards there (and I just don't know why the other groups were fond of doing so --- I hope they have insurance).

Despite the large loud group who was with us inside the cave, it certainly did not stop us from taking photographs inside.....

...... and outside.


And this ends our journey to the cave. It was past 12 already when we were heading back towards the resort. And I can tell that we were already eager to have lunch because we felt our energy go down as Brett drove us back to the resort.





Abe: Hmmm..... when are we eating lunch???

The answer to Abe's question will be posted on my next blog post.

................... to be continued.

Labels: , , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment