The Dinner
Alright, after cooking all our food in the barby, it is now time to have dinner! Since we fell in love on the shack on top of the big rock on the beach, we have decided to have dinner there. The main reasons why we wanted to have dinner there because it is where we could have a good view of the beach and you can hear the splashes of the wave against the rocks (but to be honest, its just because of the view :P).

Going up there is not that hard unless if you don't have your own slippers. Ivan borrowed Joby's slippers earlier so that Ivan and Abe can take some photos by the beach while me and Joby were cooking our food. So when it was time for us to follow them by the beach and prepare our meal on top of the shack, Joby had stepped on some pretty mean rocks back there! XD And since Joby wanted to wear his slippers back, Ivan had no choice but to walk bare footed and yup, his feet had the same fate as Joby's. XD


For dinner, we had bbq, hotdogs and Liempo. All of our meals were nicely cooked and it was very very yummy. So, why again did we decide to eat there? It was because of the View... we didn't or I didn't consider the fact that it is about to get dark and the big splashes of the wave would cause such strong winds. Therefore, we SHOULD be able to enjoy eating our sumptuous meal but because of the wind, some of our plates had tumbled over. Quite sad. :(




Up until dinner, I still wanted to go swimming by the beach but the boys won't let me. They said that the tides were too strong that it is already dangerous if we went swimming at that time. So, we'd just have to wait until tomorrow to swim. So, we went inside our room, the boys had their PSPs on and started playing, while I just laid down on the bed talking to myself in private. *_*.. After a few minutes of being on that state, I guess the boys realized that I exist so we started playing a card game called Bluff. Because it is a long game, the first one who finishes gets to take a bath already. Joby finished first so he was able to go take a bath already, then it was Abe, but before Abe can leave, the lights went off. Oh no.. brown out! But there's nothing to worry, Brett is here to save the night! XD He gave us a mini-flashlight to use throughout the night.
The Bonfire
Before we went to Bolinao, I have inquired if the resort has a videoke facility that we can use and hire for the weekend. Videoke is EVERYTHING for us and it is one of the 'must haves' whenever we go out of town. The bad thing is that the resort doesn't have any videoke available. But they did offer to set a bonfire for us.

Brett had set the bonfire for us. Ivan and Abe brought the snacks on the table while Me and Joby bought the drinks. For our bonfire-drinking session, we have chips for snacks, The Bar- Apple for our alcohol, Iced Tea for our chaser and Marshmallows for the bonfire. Joby lead the prayer for us and I just found it really weird to pray before having a 'drinking session', it definitely was a first time for me. Abe was the "tanggero" and the official photographer. Never did we realize that, that was the night when Abe has found his calling for 'photography'. *wink* While we were drinking and having fun, Brett decided to come over and have a chat with us.





Before cooking the marshmallows by the bonfire, Joby had a quick lesson with Brett on how to. After finally earning his badge, Joby taught us how to cook the marshmallows by the bonfire. The marshmallows tastes so good, that's why it is a popular food to have when you are having a bonfire. All in all, this bonfire experience was a nice and unique thing to have when you are celebrating your birthday by the beach. Me and Joby surely enjoyed the whole experience.





The Pinoy Henyo and The ...
And so, to answer the question of whether Amber did arrive or not... Well, she arrived safe and sound. Unlike us, her travel time was 4 hours from Cubao so she arrived earlier as expected. Joby left the resort at 9.30PM to pick her up by the bus terminal.
While Joby was away, the three of us decided to play a popular game here in the Philippines called "Pinoy Henyo". It was such a fun game, we tried guessing words like "Paru-Paro" (butterfly), "Brief with Toyo", even "Manny Villar". Speaking of Manny Villar, he did became popular all throughout our conversations during this whole trip because of his never-ending ad and weird jingle on TV. Thanks to Manny Villar, everytime I see kids from the slum areas, it reminds me of that song.. major LSS wtf!!!!!!
Well anyway, by 10.30PM, Joby finally arrived at the resort with Amber. It was nice to finally meet her. We gave her some food to eat for dinner, but because the fire has started to die down, we decided to move to a small kubo and continue our conversation and our game there. One major moment for me was when my slippers got broken and all I do was say "Awww... nasira tsinelas ko... ahahahahahahahaha!" <--- omg.... I'm drunk.. and Ivan told me that I was because I was soo loud, I was very makulit and I laugh even at shallow stuff.. T___T ...and because we all felt tipsy already, we decided to call it a night. :D
Learnings:
1. Don't fret if you are the only girl, maybe God has his own ways of making miracles and out of the blue, you will be accompanied with a girl companion.
2. Always consider the wind when eating on the shack located on top of the big rock.
3. Once you've gotten hold of an dSLR, you will start to realize your calling for photography.
4. The travel is much quicker if you go by night time.
5. If you play pinoy henyo.. please avoid your friends guessing tough words like "brief na may toyo" or "pokemon"
6. I have realized that I am drunk when I get very makulit and I laugh almost at everything, even at the fact that my slippers got broken or if I couldn't shoot the key inside the key whole to open our room.
What to look forward to the next set of blog posts:
1. Did we ever swim on the beach?
2. Did we go to different places?
3. How was the trip back home?
4. How was the breakfast in SP?
5. All in all, around how much did we spend for the whole trip?
Alright, after cooking all our food in the barby, it is now time to have dinner! Since we fell in love on the shack on top of the big rock on the beach, we have decided to have dinner there. The main reasons why we wanted to have dinner there because it is where we could have a good view of the beach and you can hear the splashes of the wave against the rocks (but to be honest, its just because of the view :P).
Going up there is not that hard unless if you don't have your own slippers. Ivan borrowed Joby's slippers earlier so that Ivan and Abe can take some photos by the beach while me and Joby were cooking our food. So when it was time for us to follow them by the beach and prepare our meal on top of the shack, Joby had stepped on some pretty mean rocks back there! XD And since Joby wanted to wear his slippers back, Ivan had no choice but to walk bare footed and yup, his feet had the same fate as Joby's. XD
For dinner, we had bbq, hotdogs and Liempo. All of our meals were nicely cooked and it was very very yummy. So, why again did we decide to eat there? It was because of the View... we didn't or I didn't consider the fact that it is about to get dark and the big splashes of the wave would cause such strong winds. Therefore, we SHOULD be able to enjoy eating our sumptuous meal but because of the wind, some of our plates had tumbled over. Quite sad. :(
Up until dinner, I still wanted to go swimming by the beach but the boys won't let me. They said that the tides were too strong that it is already dangerous if we went swimming at that time. So, we'd just have to wait until tomorrow to swim. So, we went inside our room, the boys had their PSPs on and started playing, while I just laid down on the bed talking to myself in private. *_*.. After a few minutes of being on that state, I guess the boys realized that I exist so we started playing a card game called Bluff. Because it is a long game, the first one who finishes gets to take a bath already. Joby finished first so he was able to go take a bath already, then it was Abe, but before Abe can leave, the lights went off. Oh no.. brown out! But there's nothing to worry, Brett is here to save the night! XD He gave us a mini-flashlight to use throughout the night.
The Bonfire
Before we went to Bolinao, I have inquired if the resort has a videoke facility that we can use and hire for the weekend. Videoke is EVERYTHING for us and it is one of the 'must haves' whenever we go out of town. The bad thing is that the resort doesn't have any videoke available. But they did offer to set a bonfire for us.
Brett had set the bonfire for us. Ivan and Abe brought the snacks on the table while Me and Joby bought the drinks. For our bonfire-drinking session, we have chips for snacks, The Bar- Apple for our alcohol, Iced Tea for our chaser and Marshmallows for the bonfire. Joby lead the prayer for us and I just found it really weird to pray before having a 'drinking session', it definitely was a first time for me. Abe was the "tanggero" and the official photographer. Never did we realize that, that was the night when Abe has found his calling for 'photography'. *wink* While we were drinking and having fun, Brett decided to come over and have a chat with us.
Before cooking the marshmallows by the bonfire, Joby had a quick lesson with Brett on how to. After finally earning his badge, Joby taught us how to cook the marshmallows by the bonfire. The marshmallows tastes so good, that's why it is a popular food to have when you are having a bonfire. All in all, this bonfire experience was a nice and unique thing to have when you are celebrating your birthday by the beach. Me and Joby surely enjoyed the whole experience.
The Pinoy Henyo and The ...
And so, to answer the question of whether Amber did arrive or not... Well, she arrived safe and sound. Unlike us, her travel time was 4 hours from Cubao so she arrived earlier as expected. Joby left the resort at 9.30PM to pick her up by the bus terminal.
While Joby was away, the three of us decided to play a popular game here in the Philippines called "Pinoy Henyo". It was such a fun game, we tried guessing words like "Paru-Paro" (butterfly), "Brief with Toyo", even "Manny Villar". Speaking of Manny Villar, he did became popular all throughout our conversations during this whole trip because of his never-ending ad and weird jingle on TV. Thanks to Manny Villar, everytime I see kids from the slum areas, it reminds me of that song.. major LSS wtf!!!!!!
Well anyway, by 10.30PM, Joby finally arrived at the resort with Amber. It was nice to finally meet her. We gave her some food to eat for dinner, but because the fire has started to die down, we decided to move to a small kubo and continue our conversation and our game there. One major moment for me was when my slippers got broken and all I do was say "Awww... nasira tsinelas ko... ahahahahahahahaha!" <--- omg.... I'm drunk.. and Ivan told me that I was because I was soo loud, I was very makulit and I laugh even at shallow stuff.. T___T ...and because we all felt tipsy already, we decided to call it a night. :D
Learnings:
1. Don't fret if you are the only girl, maybe God has his own ways of making miracles and out of the blue, you will be accompanied with a girl companion.
2. Always consider the wind when eating on the shack located on top of the big rock.
3. Once you've gotten hold of an dSLR, you will start to realize your calling for photography.
4. The travel is much quicker if you go by night time.
5. If you play pinoy henyo.. please avoid your friends guessing tough words like "brief na may toyo" or "pokemon"
6. I have realized that I am drunk when I get very makulit and I laugh almost at everything, even at the fact that my slippers got broken or if I couldn't shoot the key inside the key whole to open our room.
What to look forward to the next set of blog posts:
1. Did we ever swim on the beach?
2. Did we go to different places?
3. How was the trip back home?
4. How was the breakfast in SP?
5. All in all, around how much did we spend for the whole trip?
................................. to be continued.




Post a Comment