
I just had my photography workshop today and it was very much worth it. It actually saved me from buying those Digital SLR Photography guide books, but it did not save me money as I went straight into purchasing filters for my D90 (LOL).
(Auto mode: no flash @ 30mm)
(Auto mode @ 35mm)
(Sports mode @ 35 mm)
(Landscape mode @ 18mm)
(Portrait mode @ 40mm)
2. Chillaxing @ Bourke St. - After taking some shots at Elizabeth cnr Bourke St, I decided to cross the road and walk at Bourke St, where tourists, shoppers and employees (on a lunch break) typically hangout.
(Auto mode @ 55mm, Photoshop: Crop & Auto colour)
(Auto mode @ 55mm, different angle from the first one; Photoshop: Crop)
(Auto mode @ 20mm)
(Sports mode @ 30mm)
(Auto mode @ 45mm)
3. Workshop venue - a single shot of the wall inside the classroom, where photographs of their employees were displayed. FYI, all the salesman in this shop are actually professional photographers. So if you intend to buy a camera, particularly a DSLR, better buy it from this shop, they do not just give you expert advise but you are assured that they are not just fooling around with you (aka, they actually know what they are talking about!).
(Auto mode: no flash @ 20-25mm; AE-L. Testing the 1/3 rule)
4. Unimelb - after the workshop, I dropped by Melbourne uni to download the lecture recording that I missed and to print some lecture notes. I was not able to take as many shots as I want to because (1) there was a graduation ceremony that's going on so a lot of people were there taking photos and (2) it was getting late, I needed to get home already.
(Landscape mode @ 18mm)
(Auto mode @ 45mm, Photoshop: Auto-colour)
(Auto mode @ 25mm, Photoshop: Auto-colour)
5. Train ride - I decided to check-out the filters that I just bought while sitting bored inside the train.

(Sports mode with UV filter - shows the reflection of the lights and the chairs inside the train)

(Sports mode with Polarised filter - notice that the rest of the image mostly shows the image outside the window)

(Sports mode with Polarised filter - rotated to show the blending of the reflection of the images inside the train to the window and the images outside the window)




cool! i just attended a lomography workshop in NYC! how much was your workshop? mine was free! hehe. :)
thanks for adding me! i'll link you back! :)
hello hello!!
sorry for the late response =)
well, my workshop was worth $150 but I got in for free because I bought my D90 from them.
lomography is so cool, i would want to venture into it as well. what kind of camera do you use for lomography?